While you are traveling and living the nomad lifestyle it’s important that you stay healthy and fit. Most of us living this lifestyle are making a living off of the digital world as bloggers, affiliate sites, and e-commerce. This is great for the lifestyle, however, those long hours behind the screen sitting there can take its toll on the body.
It’s really important to start your day off on the right foot so that everything else in the day will keep you going and stay active. I came up with the following two-step process to follow when you wake up and keep your day filled with natural energy. The following is a morning stretch followed by a high energy vegan smoothie that any digital nomad can make in that hotel or AirBnB.
- Caterpillar Stretch (x 5 reps) Stand with feet shoulders width, squat down bringing your elbows inside your knees. Then stand up and bring your hands down to your toes. At this point, you are going to walk your hands out on the floor until you are fully extended. While fully extended drop your hips to the floor and push up with your arms to extend your back. Look towards the ceiling and hold for 5 seconds. This is one rep.
- Neck Rolls (60 seconds) Roll your head around slowly both ways a while relaxing your shoulders.
- Cat Stretch (x 5 reps) Get on the ground on all fours and make sure that your shoulders are over your hands. Then drop your belly to down push up with your arms and look towards the ceiling (like you are howling). Remember to inhale, then you will do the opposite carve the belly in and look in towards your belly button while exhaling. This is one rep.
- Prayer stretch (60 seconds each side) Kneel on the floor and bend your torso over while extending your hands in front of your head. Your face should almost be touching the ground and your torso touching your knees and thighs. While your hands are on the ground walk them over to each side and hold for sixty seconds.
- 90/90 hip flexor stretch (30 seconds each side) Sit on the floor and put one leg behind you at a 90-degree angle and the other in front of you at a 90-degree angle. Reach behind with your hands towards your back on the same side of the leg that is in front of you. Plant your hands on the ground and hold. Repeat on both sides.
- Frog Stretch (60 seconds) Get on the ground on all fours and align the knees with the ankles. Now stretch out in front of you with your arms, when your forearms are parallel with the ground then place them on the floor. Finally, you will slowly push your hips towards the ground until you feel the stretch and hold this pose.
- Lunge stretch (each side with a chair) x 30 seconds(each side)- Grab a chair put it behind you. Then put on leg on it so that your shin is touching the chair. Drop your weight towards the floor and hold. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Shake it all off!!!
Papaya energetic smoothie
If you want to have a good dose of energy, being healthy will always be a plus. Many people think that having healthy eating habits is hard when it is about deciding what kind of food to include in our diet, but the truth is that this doesn’t have to become a headache. There are many easy-to-make ways that we can choose, so we can be healthy and give to our body the energy it needs.
One option, which is liked by many, is to start the day with a delicious smoothie; it really can help you to power up your day. Smoothies that are made out of fruit always provide rich resources of nutrients to our body. Combinations of certain kind of fruits can keep your body energized, and also prevent you from getting sick easily. The good thing about these drinks is that you can make them with fruit that is easy-to-find at the markets. Another advantage is that you don’t need to dedicate too much time to prepare a smoothie; it will probably take 10 minutes. So if you are a person living the nomad lifestyle,
Smoothies that are made out of fruit always provide rich resources of nutrients to our body. Combinations of certain kind of fruits can keep your body energized, and also prevent you from getting sick easily. The good thing about these drinks is that you can make them with fruit that is easy-to-find at the markets. Another advantage is that you don’t need to dedicate too much time to prepare a smoothie; it will probably take 10 minutes. So if you are a person living the nomad lifestyle,
Another advantage is that you don’t need to dedicate too much time to prepare a smoothie; it will probably take 10 minutes. So if you are a person living the nomad lifestyle, this won’t hold you up. Let’s check a good combination that will help you start your day with the right foot and full of energy.
You will need a blender or a food processor. There are many great options that you can choose from. I think it is a great idea for a nomad to keep one with them since they are so versatile. To help you pick the the right one check out eatingprocess.com.
½ cup papaya in cubes
½ cup banana chopped
¼ cup oatmeal (flakes)(travel cups work perfectly)
2 tbsp honey
6 ice cubes
½ cup water
Put the papaya, ice cubes, and banana in a blender, and then add the water. Process until it looks soft.
Stir in the oatmeal and honey, and process again for about 2 minutes or until oatmeal is well mixed.
Serve in a glass or in a to-go cup if you are going to take it with you.
If you want to make it for your friends or family, you can use some kiwi slices for garnishing and make it look nice.
If you don’t like frozen fruit, you can just double the amount of ice, so you can still get a cold drink.
You can also use granola instead of oatmeal.
Don’t be afraid of trying something new!
Drinking this smoothie will help you keep going through your activities during the whole day. The nutrients you get from this combination will then be converted into energy, and this will help you to avoid fatigue and weakness. With this smoothie, you are giving to your body a good amount of vitamin B6 and vitamin C, and some other vitamins that will keep you healthy. So, before starting your day, don’t forget your smoothie!